Sunday 16 April 2017

FILMING - Day 2: Planning the Investigation Wall



The investigation wall was my main issue while planning/storyboarding, due to the parts that had to link to each other, be laid out correctly, and have a link with the credits that would be on top of them. At first I just got all of the parts that would be on the mood board and laid them in a rough plan of what the board would look like. Then I used PowerPoint to put numbers on the board to plan which picture would lead on to the next, so I had a basic idea of where the strings would be placed while filming. After sorting out what names the credits would have, I wrote the roles on post it notes and placed them on the board (with the matching numbers) so, when editing, I knew which names belonged where. I also tried to make the roles match up with the parts on the board where they could (e.g. casting directors over the names, director of photography over the stalker photos etc), which meant I had to break the credit order - putting the costume designer after the director of photography instead of after the composers. Having this visual aid helped me plan my storyboard and will (hopefully) make the filming/editing process easier.





No comments:

Post a Comment