Thursday 13 April 2017

Possible Music Tracks

I used EpidemicSound.com to find possible music for my film opening. Although the site only allows you to download 2 items per account before you have to input your credit details, it allows you to browse many different pieces of music, and lists the music under different genres, BPMs, and energies, making it easier to find music with the right 'tone' for your opening.


I downloaded 4 possible tracks - 2 for the opening funeral scene, and 2 for the main sequence.
I have decided to use 'Rain Season' - Gunnar Johnsen for the funeral scene as it feels more resigned and 'lost' than some other pieces I listened to, and 'Action Trailer 13 T60' - Jon Bjork for the main montage as it feels more angry and vengeful.
The other pieces I downloaded but decided against using were 'Sad Acceptance' - Gunnar Johnsen and 'Action Suspense Trailer 2 T60' - Magnus Ringblom, as neither of them felt as suited to what I had in mind.
The intended effect of the music I chose was to make it clearer to the audience how my main character was feeling, and what the atmosphere of the film setting was at that time - sad at the funeral, angry and vengeful in the after math.



No comments:

Post a Comment